WHAT KIND OF COURSES ARE OFFERED ON UDEMY?
You can learn just about anything on Udemy. The platform offers a wide variety of courses, and most of them are affordable. If you want to improve your personal skills to be more effective at what you do, it’s an amazing marketplace to start learning. You can choose from more than 130,000 online video courses, including development, business, design, finance, accounting, IT & software, office productivity, personal development, marketing, lifestyle, health and fitness, photography and videos, music, and teaching academics. Udemy is a very reliable and flexible learning platform.
Most courses are $20 to $200 if you buy them at full price. However, you can often get them at a discount, potentially even free with a coupon.
IS UDEMY ACCREDITED?
Anyone can actually become an instructor on Udemy. Therefore, it is not an accredited institution. However, you get a Udemy certificate upon course completion, but it doesn’t carry much weight to advance your career. The courses are more to develop your skills and knowledge, which can help you in the long run probably to get a promotion in your job or for the development of your business.
If you are looking for accredited online courses to advance your career, you can check out eDX, Coursera, and SkillShare great alternatives to Udemy.
FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITIES
Courses at Udemy are broken down into a series of modules and lessons, which include videos, text notes, and assessment tests. One of Udemy’s outstanding features is its course marketing functionality that allows instructors to promote their courses and market their personal brand to students and the right audience. Udemy helps instructors promote their courses by retargeting ads, email campaigns, external partner promotions, and through search & discovery.
Udemy supports any device to view and access its courses on. You can download the platform courses using the mobile app and study the courses offline on your time. You can also use a podcast-style mode to listen to lectures on the move, which is a great feature.
Udemy’s video player has all the usual features. You can control the speed of a video player, the video quality, and playback video if you lack understanding of the material. The platform also has an inbuilt feature where you can take notes as you pass through a course and an area where you can ask questions if you want more clarity. In addition, there is an announcement section that allows instructors to share information on courses or to have a live interaction with students.
UDEMY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
At Udemy, you can get your money back within 30 days if you are not satisfied with the material or simply if you change your mind about the course. Once your request meets the platform refund guidelines, you’ll get back your money.
UDEMY PROS AND CONS
Most platforms have negative and positive feedback, and Udemy is no different. Let us look at its Pros and Cons.
- The courses are very affordable, ranging from $20 to $200. However, with a discount and a coupon, you can get courses for free or less than $20.
- With the 30-day Refund Policy, Udemy will give your money back no questions asked.
- Udemy is available on an app.
- You will have access to every course you’ve purchased for life.
- You have access to a wide variety of courses, with 13 categories and dozens of sub-categories to choose from.
- Even though the courses are not officially accredited, you’ll be given a Certificate at Completion.
- As an instructor, you can earn passively.
- The platform is easy to navigate and to understand.
- The courses don’t carry an accredited certificate, so if you are looking for an official certificate, Udemy is not for you. Alternatively, check out Coursera and edX.
- There is no guarantee of the course or video quality.
- High prices don’t mean that you are getting the best lessons.
IS UDEMY WORTH IT?
Well, if you are interested in improving your knowledge and skills, then certainly Udemy is worth it. The courses are practical and affordable. The platform can help push you forward in your st